The #1 Best Resource for Picture Book Authors
If you’re a working or aspiring picture book writer, this post is for YOU.
The single best resource that I know of for picture book writers is – for a VERY limited time – accepting new registrations.
My friend and colleague Julie’ Hedlund’s 12 x 12 picture book writing challenge is a powerful and inspiring writing community, where members aim to write 12 complete picture book drafts, one per month, for each 12 months of the year…with advice, encouragement and submission opportunities along the way.
Now in its 5th phenomenally successful year, 12 x 12 provides the inspiration and resources you need to help you write, submit and get published!
Here’s just SOME of what membership in 12 x 12 has to offer:
- An amazing community of 750+ picture book writers from all over the globe and at all levels – from absolute beginner to multi-published, offering motivation, support, and accountability to help you write MUCH more than you would on your own.
- Curated resources for planning, writing, revising, submitting, and promoting picture books at your fingertips 24 x 7, 365 days of the year.
- Opportunities to submit one polished picture book manuscript to an agent each month, February – November!
- Monthly guest posts from talented, multi-published picture book authors who also give away fabulous prizes to help you with your craft.
- Access to a members-only 12 x 12 Facebook group, which serves as a support network, a question and answer pool, and a place to share resources.
- A robust online Membership Forum where members can receive feedback on their work and find critique partners.
But it’s ONLY for picture book authors – and registration is ONLY open in January and February, so don’t wait.
If you miss registration, you have to wait another whole year to join.
Trust me – if you write or dream of writing picture books, this is the one writing community you DEFINITELY want to be a part of!
Here’s my personal affiliate link to get more info: